What is MnAEYC?
The Minnesota Association for the Education of Young Children (MnAEYC) is an association of nearly 700 early childhood professionals. Our members are a diverse group of professionals representing all areas of early childhood. Our members are early childhood teachers, center directors, program managers, trainers, and advocates. Members network with one another, support each other and learn together while they grow as professionals. A volunteer Board of Directors and member-supported committees provide leadership for the organization.
MnAEYC’s mission is to serve and act on behalf of early care and education professionals (birth to age 8) in Minnesota:
- Enhancing the availability and quality of professional development opportunities
- Supporting program improvement and (NAEYC) accreditation
- Advocating for public policy change in early care and education that is consistent with our mission
What is MnSACA?
The Minnesota School-Age Care Alliance (MnSACA) is an association of nearly 500 child/youth-focused professionals who provide care for school-age children and youth in school, park, home and agency settings during out-of-school hours. Members network with one another, support each other and learn together while they grow as professionals. A volunteer Board of Directors and member-supported committees provide leadership for the organization.
MnSACA's mission is to promote quality out-of-school time programs and support the leadership and development of out-of-school time professionals.
What does MnAEYC and MnSACA do?
- Holds an annual conference with nationally recognized speakers, hands-on workshops and great ideas for use in early childhood and school-age care programs
- Helps early childhood and afterschool programs improve quality through consultation support and the Minnesota Afterschool Accreditation Program (MAAP)
- Provides scholarship funds to allow members to attend the Annual State Conference.
- Publishes a membership directory for easy access to a statewide network of professional colleagues
- Distributes weekly email alerts and a quarterly newsletter with news, training opportunities, tips, and trends in caring for children and youth.
- Provides yearly training series which includes statewide training, training of trainers, and other professional development opportunities
- Generates ideas and support through the work of several committees
- Advocates at the State Capitol on issues critical to the early childhood and school-age care field and offers opportunities for members to get involved and advocate for their programs
- Partnerships with other leading agencies in the field (e.g. Think Small, Parent Aware, & Ignite Afterschool Network)
What are the benefits of being a
MnAEYC or MnSACA member?
- We support professionals by offering discounted rates on exceptional professional development opportunities, including an Annual State Conference.
- We support professionals by offering networking opportunities where they can interact and learn from each other.
- We promote quality through consultation support and the Minnesota Afterschool Accreditation Program (MAAP).
- We represent your voice at the State Capitol on issues critical to the early care and education and out-of-school time fields and offer opportunities for you to get involved and advocate for your program.
- We support professionals by keeping them up to date via weekly email alerts and a quarterly newsletter.
Additional MnAEYC Only Benefits
- NAEYC members receive Young Children, NEWS, discounts on national conferences, and access to the "members-only" section of the NAEYC website. In addition to these benefits, comprehensive members receive 5-6 books published by NAEYC.
- Tuition savings at Rasmussen College, including 10% off tuition discount on all of Rasmussen’s courses and an application fee waiver ($40 value). For more information, please call 855-372-7236 or visit www.rasmussen.edu/MnAEYC or email Jody.Paulson@rasmussen.edu
Additional MnSACA Only Benefits
- MnSACA members receive a complimentary Ambassador level membership with the National Afterschool Association (NAA). Those additional benefits can be seen here.
- Tuition savings at Rasmussen College, including 10% off tuition discount on all of Rasmussen’s courses and an application fee waiver ($40 value). For more information, please call 855-372-7236 or visit www.rasmussen.edu/MnSACA or email Jody.Paulson@rasmussen.edu
MnAEYC Members Only
Eligible National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) members may receive a 10% tuition reduction when they enroll as a new Walden student in approved degree programs. This reduction will remain in effect for the duration of the student’s enrollment at Walden.
For further information inquire here or visit the NAEYC/Walden microsite.
Please contact MnAEYC-MnSACA Member Services
with questions at 651-290-7478 or firstname.lastname@example.org.