Promoting Positive Youth Development Through Quality
The deadline for enrolling in the 2015-2016 school year MAAP cohort was September 30th. If you are interested in joining our 2016-2017 cohort, please fill out a MAAP Intake Form here to enroll your program. For more information, call 651-646-8689 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join school-age care programs demonstrating quality through accreditation!
The Minnesota Afterschool Accreditation Program (MAAP) process will guide you in your quest for quality programming for Minnesota’s youth.
Whether you are a school-age or out-of-school time program or an early childhood program with a school-age room, this system of quality is for you!
- Provides a framework for program quality improvement efforts
- Provides a context for ongoing professional development
- Measurably strengthens out-of-school time programs and services
- Serves as a foundation for positive youth outcomes
- Fosters a better trained workforce thereby minimizing staff turnover
- Conveys a commitment to quality and informs families’ decisions about out-of-school time care.
- Programs serving children who qualify for child care assistance may be eligible for a higher reimbursement rate.
Currently, more than 50 programs are already accredited and many more are in process. We would like to support you in promoting quality through accreditation!
Once your application and enrollment fee are received you will be given access to many valuable resources including the MAAP Self-Study Tool and questionnaires to begin your program improvement and accreditation journey.
Program representatives and coaches are invited to attend the monthly cohort meetings to support the accreditation process.
The Minnesota Accreditation Facilitation Program (AFP) for school age programs, is funded by the Minnesota Department of Human Services and provides programs with supports and resources through 3 tiers of service.
- Tier 1: Technical Assistance via phone or email
- Tier 2: Onsite Needs Assessment (Metro Area)
- Tier 3: In-depth consulting/coaching/mentoring
Accreditation Facilitation Hotline
651.646.8689 ext. 36 or toll free at 800.711.5690